About

UK-Japan Forum on International Perspectives in Education.

Aims:

1. To promote and facilitate an exchange of ideas between Japanese and British teachers.

2. To encourage a global outlook in the classroom, for both students and teachers.

3. To work towards embedding a global perspective in teacher professional development in Japan and the UK.

Our students will need to think global as they enter university and seek work. There is thus a need for schools to develop this global awareness among students, and many teachers would like to discuss and develop ideas about how this may be achieved.

The first UK-Japan Forum on International Perspectives in Education will take place in Japan in August 2015. Teachers from the UK and Japan will meet in forums and seminars in Sendai, Kyoto and Tokyo. We will exchange ideas and resources about how to encourage and develop a global ethos among teachers and students. We aim to develop a programme of forums in the UK and in Japan, and to offer seminars and training for teachers.

If you are interested in participating in any way in this project, please contact the organisers:

Dr. Toru Okano – Rikkyo School in England   toruokano@rikkyo.w-sussex.sch.uk

Rory Gallagher, M.Ed. – The Thomas Hardye School, Dorchester   rgallagher@thomas-hardye.net

3 thoughts on “About

1. Happy to be involved in any way that I can be useful. Sadly can’t be involved in the meetings in Japan in August but should there be a forum here in the UK I would be most interested in taking part. All good wishes to those planning for August.

2. I think this idea is brilliant! I fully believe that the development of a young person can be enhanced by this sort of thinking. It goes a long way towards teaching emotional intelligence and key thinking skills.

3. A genuinely exciting project – having gained so much from working with teachers in Japan last summer I think this is a great idea, with lots of scope to make a difference to teachers from the UK and Japan. There is so much we can learn from each other. Such a good idea to get teachers thinking more globally and I think this will help us all promote a more global outlook for our students too.